Keeping up with proper pool maintenance at your Tampa residence can be a full-time job in itself. There’s skimming and netting up leaves, vacuuming, checking pH levels, shocking, and cleaning the filters; and that’s only if nothing goes wrong! Frankly, all of this work can turn an amenity that’s meant to symbolize fun and relaxation, into a source of anxiety. The only thing that can stifle the urge to take a dip and cool off after a long day is realizing that your swimming hole needs to be cleaned first.
Luckily the experts at Triangle Pool of Tampa can take care of everything for you. All you’ll have left to do is enjoy!
What Do We Do?
Triangle is a full service pool maintenance, cleaning, and repair company that has provided clients around Tampa Bay with the highest quality of pool and customer service for over 50 years. We offer a variety of care packages to suit the individual needs of each of our clients.
Our basic package, which is 1 visit per week, includes:
- Skimming, vacuuming, and brushing
- All chemicals provided
- Water testing
- Filter cleaning as needed
- Empty Baskets
Supreme members enjoy the additional use of a free salt chlorine generator for as long as you utilize our service. We also offer our Econo Chemical package which includes two visits per week for Tampa pools that need special attention.
If you’re ready to enjoy more time when you get home each day, and a guarantee of crystal clear water quality all year round, then call us in Tampa today for pricing and scheduling!
While we’ll keep your private oasis crystal clear and ready for you to use at any time, it’s important to know there is more to proper pool maintenance than just skimming the leaves out as they fall in. Maintaining the right chemical balance is vital to any healthy body of water. The 4 key areas we regulate are:
- pH level
- Calcium hardness
The Importance of Proper Pool Maintenance
Calcium hardness affects the pH of the water. Without pool maintenance, the pH can get too low and acidic, which causes:
- The water burns our eyes and nose when we swim
- The color on our swim suits and toys fade
- Chlorine evaporates quickly into the atmosphere, removing the disinfecting qualities and wasting any additional chlorine you add
- Your water isn’t being sanitized and can harbor harmful illnesses such as Gastroenteritis, E. coli, or Salmonellosis
- Metal fixtures and plaster walls slowly corrode
If the level of Calcium, and the pH, is too high:
- Much like with low alkalinity, a high pH burns our nose and eyes
- Calcium bonds with carbonates in the water forming Calcium carbonate, which leaves scaly mineral deposits along the water line
- The water becomes cloudy
- High alkalinity negates chlorine’s ability to sanitize. At a pH of 8.0, it would take approximately 5 times the amount of chlorine to perform the same disinfecting function as it would at a proper pH of 7.2.
If inadequate pool maintenance lets the level of chlorine drop too low, even for only a few days, it can allow an algal bloom to occur. Although only composed of harmless plants, algae is unsightly, can cause unpleasant odors and tastes, and also creates a rich environment for harmful bacterial growth. Added chlorine is also used up more quickly as it combats the algae, and the resulting decay unbalances the pH by raising the acidity.
If you want to remove the stress of constant pool maintenance and get back to relaxing in the Tampa sunshine, then give us a call today at (727) 531-0473.